Age 39 Catchphrases
The following come to mind for being 39 years old ( I turn 40 in November )
- "Killing yourself, one M&M at a time." Bonus points if you sing this to a "Fugees" tune and your coworker thinks you're having a stroke.
- "The Advil Years". Significant things cause you to be sore the next day. Like walking.
- "Remember when _____ didn't hurt all the time?" Knees....how did these things pass design review?
- "Yep, that's me." You not only recognize the face in the mirror, you come to accept him.
- "Remember when we didn't yell?" Deafness. Yep, that's what it is. Suuuure.
- (Before Noon) "Coffee fixes....everything."
- (After 6pm) "Wine fixes...everything else."
- "Teenage me was so naive." Well, he was.
- "Twentysomething me was so egotistical." Yep.
- (Tech-specific) "Remember the first two times they invented this same thing?" It grows tiresome to write the same logic in a different framework/language/whatever just because somebody thought Kotlin/Go/D/Whatever is the solution to all problems.
Yeah, I'm tired today. I've earned it.