Looking back on it, it's hard to comprehend a day where I had 7 1-hour meetings in a single day, because as it stands today, I've had 3 meetings and my mind is tapioca. Actually, you might say I've had 4, but I'll get to that.
Running down the list:
- 10:30am Team standup. Daily coordination face-to-face activities. Absolutely essential. Still counts against the quota!
- 2pm. Steering committee meeting for something rather important.
- 3pm. Emergency coordination meeting because our team discerned we were blocked on all our upcoming work and needed to pull in some other work.
Now amid all that, was a sit-down I had around 11:15 with another developer on a point-of-interest.
Note the timing, too:
- 10:30 --> Right in the middle of the morning.
- 2-3pm --> Right in the middle of the afternoon.
I remember fondly a team I was on where all meetings were before 10 or after 4, and the middle of the day was sacrosanct.