On Leaving Twitter and Facebook

Well, as I sit here in 2018, it seems social media is an utter failure.  Given that I've been on internet chatrooms since 1993, this frustrates me.

This was basically the moment I knew I needed to get off twitter


Yeah, that was the school shooting after Las Vegas, but before the one in Florida.  I'd had it.

Having Tweetdeck open every waking minute I was at my desk was making me genuinely crazy.

Then, the next week, Florida happened.  I posted the same screen on Facebook, and it was the same fricking arguments we all had after Las Vegas.  Same banal polarized arguments.

I'm done.

No more twitter.
No more Facebook.

I'll keep accounts there, but I'm going dark.

Enough is enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder