Closing, 2017

So, 2017 is past.

As luck would have it, we decided today would be a good day for midwinter cleaning, as I'm halfway through my 2 week stint off work.  I dug through a box I had from our move back in June, and within was my first Employee Evaluation from Amazon.  I got to look at what I thought would be my 2017 and got to compare it to what I actually accomplished.

What an interesting idea.  So, let's do that for 2017.

Here are some things I wanted to do in 2017.  These are not New Year's Resolutions, but, meh.


  • Get out of that Rental.  We were paying 2k / month for a rather crappy rental with little insulation.  It leaked air like a sieve, had a back yard full of fire ant mounds, and had a proprty management company with all the integrity of your average Nixon advisor.  Status:  Achieved. We were out by June 30th.
  • Get out of Austin.  I like Austin.  Sort of.  I dislike the concrete and traffic, but it's a place with style all its own.  That being said....the northern suburbs in Williamson County are everything wrong with urban sprawl.  Made-up municipalities with no civic identity.  Find somewhere that's a real place.  Status: Achieved.  We found Georgetown, Texas.  I once again live in georgetown.  Wow.
  • Get the girls in school.  We were staunch homeschoolers for 4 years.  My wife was really good at it, but we both felt that the Lord was leading us in a different direction.   Status: Achieved.  We found Grace Academy in Georgetown, and went through a lengthy application and interview process.  Both girls are flourishing.  For example, they sang Silent night in the Christmas cantata...in German.
  • Buy a house.  Subservient to "get the girls in school" was "find a house".  That is, the location of one would drive the location of the other.  Status: Achieved. So, we settled in Georgetown, a few miles from their school.  There was plenty of drama:  We were negotiating on the house next door to ours, and the builder sold it out from under us, for less money.
  • Buy a new car.  Yeah, no.  This was more of a dream than a goal.
So, all told, a very successful year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly