"Worthless" religion

In working on my small group lesson this week, I'm stuck again in James 1, and there's this verse (26)

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bbbridle his tongue but deceives his own heartthis man's religion is worthless.


You could pretty much summarize my last 5 or 6 years right there.  I've deceived myself time and again, focusing on what was easy, felt good.  I can rationalize anything, it seems.


"Worthless"


If accountability has taught me anything, though, it's that so long as you're sucking wind, you can change.  Goes right along with my One Step --> Focus less on myself and more on others.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder