Wow, the blogger.com interface sure has changed since the last time I posted!

Well, to catch-up a few things:

  • My job title is now 'Software Architect'.  This is avowed to be one of the most despised roles in all Software, since Developers resent architects' unrealistic, out-of-date ideas, and managers resent anyone besides them directing their teams.  Yay, me.
  • I had a motorcycle residing at my house for ~1 week in late June.  This was one of the worst episodes in  my life, and rocked me to my very core.  In a true case of 'be careful what you wish for', I lied and manipulated my way to take advantage of a tragic situation (my uncle's motorcycle accident) to come by a bike that I didn't really want.  My inner King Baby came to the fore in many ways.  I hurt everybody.  The bike left a week later, and relations with my parents haven't been the same since.
  • Joey is now a Webelos II, the last stage of Cub Scouts before becoming a Boy Scout.  We attended the district camp-out at the R.J.Corman property this past weekend and had a blast.
  • Gracie is now walking, taking 27 steps unassisted yesterday.
  • Maria is now in pre-school at the First Methodist Church in Georgetown 3 days a week.  She's loving it, and seems to be flourishing amid the social interaction and learning environment.  
  • Whitney and I are making the first halting steps toward selling our house and buying another.  This is possibly the worst time to sell a house since WWII, but hey, when you get The Call, one needs to answer it.  We already absorbed several huge maintenance issues with our disaster of a house by ignoring this leading.
  • Whitney currently has car fever, and if you read this blog you know I *always* have car fever.  Current target de lust is a Toyota Prius 5.  Fifty one miles per gallon sounds pretty ideal for the day-to-day operations of Whitney and the kids, plus it would make my bi-weekly trips to Louisville cost 1/2 as much versus the Camry of Doom.
  • Whitney believes the Camry of Doom has a terminal mold problem.  I can't smell any mold, which she says is part of the problem.
  • Andy Rooney is retiring from 60 Minutes as of this weekend.  This man has been doing weekly essay commentary my entire life (1978-present).  Wow.
  • My current daily car fix comes from www.thetruthaboutcars.com The site is everything I always wanted www.autoextremist.com to be, and has one awesome refugee from VWVortex, Jack Baruth.
  • I ramble sometimes.
  • My current work notebook is a 13" Macbook Air, with a 128GB SSD.  This thing is pure sex, and I love it.
  • I hit an all-time adult weight low of 190 lbs a few weeks ago, at which time people started asking me if I had cancer or something.  I don't--the tests came back negative.  Basically, the meds I'm on increase your metabolism, particularly of protein.  In short, my body's been eating my muscles since March.  Since my last doctor's visit, I've been eating Cliff Bars and mainlining protein like an Atkins Addict, and my weight, muscles, and energy level seem stable.  
  • I'm involved in an addiction accountability group that strengthens me every week, and if this were an anonymous blog, I'd love to tell you all about it.  If you're interested in details, please email me.
  • We got a new dishwasher at home.  It's the little things that make you smile.
  • I think Google+ is a great idea, but it's like a bar with no women--not that interesting. 
  • I'm a twitter fiend.  Love it and the immediate access to some of the best minds in the world, particularly in tech.
  • I no longer sleepwalk or wake up exhausted.  Yay, modern chemistry!
  • I no longer feel the need to disrupt, destroy, or be defensive all the time.  Ibid.
  • I still love my Motorola Atrix 4G, and think Android fits my mind better than iOS.  My wife loves iOS.  God has a sense of humor, what can I say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly