My Day, these days.

I haven't blogged in forever...I guess it's just the omnipresence of Twitter and Facebook that have me being "unfaithful" to my blog.

Over the years, I've liked to record the way my day goes, just so I can look back and say, WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

A rundown of a typical day for me:


  • 5am -- wake up, hit snooze button

  • 5:09 -- wake up

  • 5:18 -- NO REALLY, WAKE UP.

  • 5:18 -> 6am -- Listen to "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" podcast while doing dishes, making coffee, eating pop-tart, reading RSS feeds (depends on the day)

  • 6am: Get Joey up. Bring Whitney coffee

  • 6:15 -> get in the shower

  • 7am --> Whitney, Joey, and Maria in the van to leave for school

  • 7:15 to ~8 carpool to work

  • 8 - 9: relish the quiet. Get work done

  • 9: 15 minute social time with Jim.

  • 9:15->11: work

  • 11 -> 15 minute stand-up meeting with my team

  • 11:15: Lunch

  • 1->5: work

  • 5:35 -> arrive back home

  • 6 to 6:30 -> DINNER

  • 6:30 to 7:30 -> Help Joey with his homework

  • 8: Time with Whitney

  • 10: Bed, if I haven't fallen asleep on the couch before then



So, that's pretty much my day, every day. It's 5am to 10pm, daily grind. Then, on the weekends, I "sleep in" to 7. Much past that, and the coffee headache drives my irritable self out into the downstairs to acquire coffee or drive somewhere that already has some brewed. Another way to look at my day:

5:30 -- coffee
7 -- coffee on the way out the door
9am -- coffee from the "coffee club" at work
2pm -- coffee from the "coffee club"
7pm -- after dinner coffee.

There's a reason my twitter avatar is a coffee poster!!

Obvious things missing from my day:
-- fun time (though I pathologically enjoy doing dishes...don't know why)
-- exercise
-- Alone time with God.

Comments

  1. funny....I've recently discovered that my exercise time is my fun time too. Yes, I'm turning into one of THOSE people (gasp). Yes, it has alot to do some with particular music involved. yes I am getting bored with said music thus mandating purchase of various albums. darn :D GO EXERCISE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder