Memoir: 21 Months and loving it

Wanted to snapshot this so I remember it when Maria's 30, has kids of her own, and they keep her up all night.

So, Whitney and I watched Mr. Holland's Opus, then tuned-in the election coverage at 10:20 pm to get some returns (at the time Obama only had 200+ of the 270 needed). Maria was a bit fussy, but fell back to sleep around the same time.

Then, the fun began.

By 11:30, she was up, and Whitney went in to console her. I fell back into a cold-meds-induced stupor until she came back to bed at 12:45.

Against wise counsel, I went in myself to console Re-Re. She seemed to respond well, and I rocked her to quiescence, and put her back to sleep. Whitney was not happy: "Okay, YOU get to get up with her the 6 more times she gets up tonight."

Pfft, I thought. I've got this covered...she'll sleep through the night now because I'm AWESOME SUPER DADDY!

Yeah...'bout that...

So, that was 1. By 1:10 she was back up, screaming. I finally came around to Whitney's side of things--NOTHING was gonna console this girl.

Long story short (too late), I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. By the end of it, Maria finally soothed herself back to sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Mope

RegisterForPrintAsyncNotifications

The reality of the next car purchase