Weekend--moving bedrooms

No, for those of you scoring at home, this isn't about me moving out of the bedroom; this is about Whitney and I moving our bedroom upstairs.

Since I moved into the house in June of 2005, my bedroom's been in the suite, on the Northeast corner of the 1st floor. Yes...the dreaded (or desired!) first-floor master. Atop our story-and-a-half house are 3 bedrooms: One for Joey, the nursery for Maria, and what had previously been the playroom/guest bedroom.

So, this weekend, Whitney and I switched the playroom downstairs and moved all our bedroom furniture upstairs. Whitney is a MACHINE, people--we had the room painted in very little time, and she did the trim herself. It took us the better part of two days, but we have a much saner arrangement--sleeping quarters upstairs, living quarters downstairs. We're much closer to the kids, and we can sleep during the spring and early fall with the windows open upstairs and the fans on (allergies permitting).

It's not all roses so far--Whitney and I are used to complete darkness behind a closed bedroom door. Because of airflow upstairs, we have to keep the doors open, and that lets light in, but we're working on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder