Amen, brother....

Jeff's Post

Seven-hundred billion dollars.

Seven hundred thousand million. (edit: math > me)

Give or take, that's $2333 for every man, woman, and child in America.

* * *

Per my understanding, absent this package, we'd be heading for breadlines, soup kitchens, and anarchy. Viewed through that lens, it's a bargain at any price. However, it sets a dangerous precedent for the silent majority who go to work and actually pay their mortgage they signed-up for.

Responsibility? We've now moved irresponsibility from a societal disease to a national mandate. The government will save me; I'm too big to fail.

Comments

  1. Seven HUNDRED thousand million.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah well not that I've got a fight here but SERIOUSLY!! I mean I get where they're coming from but.....what if we just reimburse the government in cash.....can we get a foreclosed home in a vacation state that doesnt get hit by hurricanes or mudslides? Can we get a foreclosure in cherry blossom or lake forest? maybe something with a full finished basement and no radon....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder