Inexpensive sports car, whither thou?

I had a thought today, a shining inkling of something spectacular, something different, something...red.



That is a Porsche 356 spyder.

Yeah, the thought goes like this: I'm commuting in the automotive novacaine known as my 2000 Toyota Camry. It's smooth, quiet, and reliable. On the weekends, I'd like to have something to drive and autox.

I love my E30, but it's far from a classic sportscar--it has body roll and understeer like the sedan it actually is. So, does it make more sense to get something less compromised and more focused. (And, more classic?)

That's the thing...I have no idea. The economy's going to hell, so somebody's going to be unloading their toys soon (if not already...) wonder what these puppies (or some other sort of Porsche or BMW) go for?





Yes, I know...blasphemy.

Like I said...just a thought!

Comments

  1. Saw an '87 Porsche 924S on craigslist available for trade...

    :-)

    (Later that night, Jeff's front door slams open and there stands Whitney, fuming...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, and here's a list of some things i want:

    `new running shoes
    `pants that fit
    `clothes that fit that arent a size Large
    `to lose weight instead of gain it when I spend two hours a day working out
    `not to be used as a human napkin
    `dyson
    `new washer/dryer
    `new dishwasher
    `new refrigerator
    `cabinets that arent taller than i am
    `new cabinets
    `tilework
    `in-wall double oven
    `gas cooktop
    `hardwood
    `new paint
    `wood blinds
    `solar panel
    `compost pile
    `locally sold Allen's Naturally
    `Local Whole Foods or similar
    `no fireplace
    `basement

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder