Scary thought for the day...

As a programmer, should it bother me that I'm beginning to think of Windows as a well-documented, flexible system? One that's not-too-awful to program in?

I beginning to understand why Rana found Java so jarring...documentation varies in quality and it's all over the place. With Windows, MSDN is your friend :D

(Note: I don't find windows secure, consistent, or all that well-designed, but after reading Raymond Chen's excellent "The Old New Thing" it's easy to see why the sins of Windows 1.0 through 3.11 really affected the designs of Win32, leading to many gaping kludges and security holes.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder