Trying to get back in the swing...

I had some really bad chili Wednesday night at church and...well, let's just say I won't be eating chili again for awhile. Maybe ever. I awoke around midnight and began a 36 hour nausea bender, combined with weakness, muscle aches, and general exhaustion.

Yep, I was sick.

So, Thursday and Friday pretty much didn't exist, and Saturday. Well, Saturday was hard. No excuses, just...I was not my normal, loving self; I was abnormally self-loving, and that wasn't cool.

We accomplish much outside once I could stand upright. We dug-up the front planter and put in a Japanese maple and 3 hedges. (Hey, considering I trimmed the holly bushes back to a nub and killed all the backyard stuff with deck sealant, we needed SOMETHING!)

So, I'm back at work today, with a meeting to figure out where (if anywhere) we can go with all this Web Services stuff. My stomach's still not feeling its usual cast-iron self, but aside from that, all is well.

Quick hits:
- Still haven't purchased a minivan
- No new house
- No one has sustained any dread injury
- The house has no new leaks (internal or external!)
- My fantasy football week STANK. I'll be lucky to pull out a win with my sparkling 99 points. Ugh...I hate being an 'also ran'.
- "Knocked up" is brilliant.
- "George Carlin: Back in Town" is profane and mean. Ergo, it's a typical George Carlin set.


Topic for later: I think Jesus would be a Democrat. Just something that hit me in church yesterday.

Comments

  1. disagree. I think Jesus would be a liberal conservative. Saying "democrat" has no meaning for most of the world, and means something different NOW domestically than it did 100 years ago....but go on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Liberal conservative'...is that like a 'drunken teetotaler'?

    Yeah, I debated saying 'liberal' or 'Democrat', but thought Democrat would have more meaning.

    More to come...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder