Maria Update

First of all, let me thank everyone for the outpouring of support we've been given! Family, church, friends, and mere acquaintances have all written, emailed, called, and visited. If it takes a village to raise a child, then our real and virtual "village" has closed ranks like I've never seen.

Maria seems to be getting better. She remains comfortable during dressing changes, and her outer dressings are no longer "dirty" when we change them. Honestly, I think she's more concerned with eating and playing with toys than her burn at this point. She's even gotten up on her hands-and-knees to crawl for short distances.

Whitney has been a superior nurse, despite the trauma of reliving the experience each time she sees the burn. She's born the brunt of this, while still taking care of the household. I'd be a complete mess (see "After Maria's Birth"!) if it were left just to me.

So, we wait. We wait with hope and prayer for a good report tomorrow. More news then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder