Why I'd be a bad housewife

(I'm too tired to sleep, so here goes)

At 2am today, my wife decided to void the contents of her stomach all over the sheet, thanks to some stomach bug. As said contents were large, recognizable quantities of spaghetti, the resulting smell and stain is left to the reader to imagine.

So, from 2 to 5 am, I cleaned that up, did laundry, and supported my wife as she retched uncontrollably, unable to keep even Gatorade down. Then I slept until 7ish, when I had to feed my daughter, who I'd just fed at 2 and 5 am.

Called in to work and laughed about how I should go in, just to write some REALLY bad code given my mental status.

At that point, I hadn't had coffee. I wouldn't get any coffee until after 2pm.

The rest of the day was a blur, swaying between a very grumpy maria and a very sick Whitney, while trying to pay at least some attention to Joey.

In other words, I had a typical day for a housewife.

Sign-me-up for the foreign legion. At this point, I can't remember how many feedings Maria's had. Alot. I lost track of diapers somewhere after 15.

Comments

  1. Dude, that's rough. Flu or food? Days like that make me feel inadequate, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder