What this is like

I can only imagine, but what I'm feeling now is a nervous anticipation, similar to what I'd expect a paratrooper feels making his first jump. I've trained for this, but I've never done it before. Can I deal with having a daughter born on Groundhog Day? :-) (Short answer--sure...the nicknames they come a-plenty: Shadow, Weathergirl, Punxsutawney.)

We had a bunch of snow this morning ("bunch" in Kentucky-ese is 1 or 2 inches), so I went down to work to grab my laptop and I came back home. Whitney's had semi-regular contractions last night after her acupuncture, so we'll see what happens. I'm attempting to stay calm, but I've got this dual thing going on--I'm very here in the moment, and I'm also distant from it. Can't REALLY believe I'm about to be a father.

Guess everybody has that.

Naturally, with the white stuff obliterating the grass and making for the BMW-doughnuts fun, there's no school today in Scott County.

Comments

  1. You can ignore this if my previous comment actually took...I guess Groundhog Day beats April Fool's - we escaped that by less than 7 hours. Poor Katie would only be turning 4 this year!

    Kinda messy out there. The bridge over I-75 and the on-ramp were SLICK!

    I think accupuncture would give ME contractions. Our prayers are with you guys. Shame about the weather when you would have had a perfectly great excuse to drive the Bimmer as fast as possible to the hospital.

    Sorry to be so verbose - I'm locked out of my own blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, wait, she'd be 3. Duh. I think I need the math equivalent of crossword puzzles (but NOT sudoku) to exercise that part of my brain.

    Hmm, the word verification for this post is "inmib". Perhaps there's SNMP work in my future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder