Q of the day: Can you forget how to type?

I've been touch typing ever since I was about 12, though that initial learning curve was steep, and I'm not all l33t like the guys who use the Dvorak layout.

Had a random thought this morning as I was clickety-clacking away on my 12th email...is typing a perishable skill, or is it muscle memory like bicycling? That is, if I stop typing today, how long (if ever) would it take me to forget how to type?

Longest I've ever gone since learning was probably...hmm...1-2 weeks...

I expect it's a perishable skill if enough other stuff comes to the forefront of my brain. Drop me in medieval Europe, and I'd probably forget all about typing in a month or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder