On the election



Today's the day...

Cast my ballot at 6:15 this morning, and was glad to do so. With all but one exception, I voted Democratic (yes, Dad, you can rejoice.)

Yes, I'm naive. Yes, I've started to believe at least some of what I read with respect to Iraq, torture, foreign policy, and the covert operations of our current executive.

Yes, I believe in checks-and-balances, and the blank check Hastert and Frist gave Bush over the past 2-3 years is criminal.

Yes, I believe Carl Rove is Satan, a demagogue who sowed division in a country desperately needing togetherness, all for political gain.

Yes, I believe we've willfully exchanged freedom for safety.

* * *

Okay, the reality here--our only national election was for the House of Representatives, in that race Ben Chandler ran without Republican opposition. Still, I hope enough Republicans get their butts kicked that SOME of the political structure changes...

Comments

  1. This morning I voted for a Democratic senator, congressman, and governor. For today, at least, you could call me a Bush Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the Dems may gain control of both houses, if the Senate races in Virginia and Montana hold out.

    PS You should have just hit the little button next to the rooster and saved some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. > PS You should have just hit the little button next to the rooster and saved some time.

    Umm...no.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder