New leaves in the fall

Fall is often the time I turn over a new leaf. Surmounting my annual September insanity, October and November are often times of rededication and renewal. Weird, I know, because for everything else in the Northern Hemisphere, these are times of dormancy and decay.

So, yesterday, I did it again: For personal reasons, and after much consideration, I gave-up unbounded use of the internet at home. My wife is my accountability partner, guardian of the (changed) passwords to all accounts on our computer. It's a pretty drastic step, but the last 10 years of so of my life have left me with little other choice.

So, this morning, I was irritable and almost had the shakes--I couldn't check my gmail, news.google.com, or look at headlines. I don't know how long 'detox' will last, but I hope it inspires other, positive things in my life.

Comments

  1. I like the password idea - Katie's been having trouble getting homework done with the internet within reach and we're about at that point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder