Build...

Got to be really good friends with vimdiff today as I tried to kick-start the build for our "End of Lifed, never need anything else but a plugin" product.

Yeah, well. We need it again, and she's not so happy to build this time. We played with the build significantly for the last product, pseudo-integrating Ant, while leaving around lots of makefiles, an arcane language of rules, predicates and suffixes



...and, it's still not working. I'm most of the way there, but its bailing-wire-and-twine at best.

Moment of clarity of the day: The Byzantine build scripts (the PERL scripts that wrap our hellacious make/ant/maven/thingamagigger files) started to make tremendous sense. Trad is the man. Trust in the Trad. Trad is good. Love is war. Peace is...

okay, I'm going home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder