There are bad days, then there are days when you fall down the stairs

[Interior: Postmodern tech-company building with central spiral staircase]

Harold, our intrepid protagonist walks down one flight of stairs, three individual 90-degree spiralled segments, to the floor below. He carries a sheet of paper containing the candidate's resumé in one hand, a water-filled tupperware cup in the other. He looks off the the right, then suddenly finds himself falling down the stairs, landing on his left side, most of the impact on his left shin & ankle. His left hand is numb.

Water spills everywhere on the stairs.

The foyer of the building is full of people

Harold: "S$^t!"

Girl: "Are you okay man"

Harold: [shakes left hand]. "murmph"

Lisa: "Are you okay, Harold?"

Harold: "Yeah..."

* * *

My pride is bruised, and I'm sure my ankle will be tomorrow. You'd think I'd WATCH WHERE I WAS GOING!!

Comments

  1. Owwwwwwww! Is there somewhere I can vote for "Funniest 2 blog items I've seen in a while?"

    (The string I have to type in to verify that I'm not an ad-spam-bot is "shjss", which might be close to what you said as you fell.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I seriously began to wonder if blogspot.com was sending me coded messages in the verification words, because mine earlier today was something like "websxy". (And the letters were slanted in a very suggestive way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were okay. I have nearly done about the same thing several times because I was dialing my cell phone while walking down the same hallway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder