7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable: "It doesn't matter what you tell yourself, or what slogans you memorize about how everyone is special. You'll think of yourself as special when you do something special. If you think of yourself as special prior to actually doing something special, you're not healthy and well-balanced. You're a narcissist, disconnected from reality. "

Okay, this is a LITTLE over the top, but taken as a whole, this article describes why post-modernist Cyberspace and human beings don't mesh, past a point. We need people. (By extension, I'd assert we need God, too!)

Fulfilling every need for communication without real community leaves us empty. I didn't realize how empty my life was until I had a relationship with God, my church family, my small town, and Whitney and Joey.

As an aside, this is also why working at a tech company is impossible some days -- people have no people skills, and they never learned to "get along" with people they hate. They just sit, nursing grudges and hangups, asserting that's just "who they are".

Yike.

Comments

  1. "No, thank you." (Kidding.)

    Interesting site. I always enjoy reading others who are saying what I have since I was, oh, 10: that our society is going to Dante's favorite vacation spot, in a small purse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder