A wonderful day...

I sit basking in the glow of my citronella candle as the last pink of day turns to gray. Relaxed. Sated.

Today was a study in contrasts--my relaxation now versus me taking a DeWalt cordless drill to the remains of my powerbook as I salvaged the Hard Drive. Bella wanted the pictures off it. I got through 16 little screws, but the final two holding the hard drive to the case itself stripped out. I was a little frustrated and thought "Well, if this were a car, I'd just grab a metal bit and drill-out the screws."

Turns out, this is a perfectly serviceable option for laptops, too.

* * *

Later, we washed both cars and gave the Bimmer a nice-smelling coat of carnuba. Noticed more nicks-and-scratches than when I bought it a few months ago. Must....get...touchup...paint!!

Kinda wish today wouldn't end, as up-and-down as it's been.

Comments

  1. I hear you on the touch-up paint. I washed the Elantra and there's a pea-sized chip along the outside of one of the wheel wells. I also need a big can of TRUCK-nuba for the green machine. And a chamois. And a hydraulic lift.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly