A morning prayer...

Oh Lord, strengthen me in thy sight.
Pull my soul from the despair I feel,
Make me ready to carry your banner,
Plant my feet on the rock of your Word.

Oh Lord, though the hour seems dark,
show me the light of Your love.
Raise my eyes to Heaven,
show me the glory of Your throne.

Kill the lies that hide behind my tongue,
undo the hurt I wish to inflict on others.
Remind me of my purpose,
and that You believe in me.

I am Yours, Lord. Am wholly thy servant.
The things of this world I desired pass away,
but You remain, my God.

Comments

  1. Pardon my interrupting your prayer and feel free not to accept this comment but "despair" ? I'm sure my "don't sweat the small stuff...or even the medium-sized stuff" attitude of late isn't optimal (although it aligns pretty well with my raise amount!) but don't let stuff get to ya dude. Wife, kid, another kid on the way...life is *good*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Yeah, this was me being melodramatic, as usual I guess. Intended to make this a 'save as draft', but it got published.

    Appreciate it very much, and yep, life is VERY good! I'm totally blessed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder