Lethargy and Friday. . .

Long time, no blog. Well, for me in any case

Took two Benadryl last night and it had me glued to the mattress until 7:30 this morning (I'm usually at work before 8), and I didn't get to work til after 9.

Lots of changes and rearranges on my team as we try to get a new project started: New manager, new (old) second line, a new contractor, and a guy from Kolkata bowing out.

Save Serge and Jamie, my whole team from last year has evaporated. In some cases, that's a good thing, but the crushing changes of having new people looking at the same old code are, well, different.

* * *

I'm doing better with the whole work/life balance thing, though that workaholic in me keeps yelling at me to work harder, that I'll lose the respect of my team and/or get fired if I don't work crazy hours. I finally have some ammunition for that one: 1) Yep, probably going to lose the respect of my team. If you're a hardcore programmer and you deal with a non-wonk, you patronize them. At best, you tolerate them. Most of my team knows me as a non-coder at this point, so I'm kind of over that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder