Work habits in Zurich

So, around 4:30 Friday, busily trying to make the UBS server work as advertised, I heard something go 'tink-tink'.

Now, UBS's tech building is a huge cube-farm, arrayed around a central stack of elevators.  "Conference rooms" in such an environment are just a big cube with a conference table.  So, I swivelled my head left and saw the WHOLE AREA around a table, two cubes over.

Okay, I figured...birthday party or something.

tink-tink

Looking again, I couldn't believe my eyes.  I looked over at Charlie and said, "Charlie, they're having a KEGGER in the next cube!"

So, I look over at Yvonne's desk, thinking it's something special.  "What's up, Yvonne?  Birthday?" 

She formed the english and then said, "Ja.  Das is just Friday.  This happens every week."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder