On automotive consolidation

It occurred to me yesterday that there are way too many automobile brands and companies, relative to other industries.  Cars are bucking the trend, and I predict the comind 5 years will see them fall back in line:

Cases in point:
  • There are only TWO major commerical airline manufacturers--Boeing and Airbus.
  • The banking/financials industry is clumping together like bad gravy
  • We have only 3 telcos left in this country...

Honestly, there's not enough room in the market for all the sucky cars made on the periphery of the industry.  Ford, GM, Chrysler, I'm talking to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder