On "out of body"

I had an out-of-body experience at church last night, right in the middle of "Shout to the Lord". I was happy, sad, sweaty, crying and not-quite-there all at the same time. I lost all consciousness of my surroundings and the other people singing, as though the sound enveloped me with waves of tactile velvet.

My senses lost all meaning, much like that passage in "A Wrinkle in Time" where they land on the planet whose inhabitants have no eyes: "No, don't describe what it looks like, dear. Describe what it *is*."

It was joy, and peace, like my soul existed on its own in that moment, no longer contained within my body, and that it resisted getting shoved back in my body. Didn't see any lights or tunnels or hear voices or see dead people or anything like that. I was just "in thrall". :-)

Very cool stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder