27. Yay, me!

Today is my birthday, and I feel like crap.

I don't know if this is the yang to my normal yin, the depressive to my normal mania, but I'm pissed off.

Thoughts/Rant:

* Money does actually suck. After trying to convince Whitney for 3 years that it's neat, fun, green stuff that you convert into food, hobbies, etc., I've given up. It's the stuff you pay other people to leave you alone. It's the stuff you hemorrhage because cars break, people get sick, and houses leak...um...everything. Eighty percent of personal finance is behavior, and the remaining 20 is accounting. Unfortunately, the 'behavior' part of me is really reaching for that 'blow' part of the budget that just isn't there. Don't get me wrong--my family and I are fine, but we're not going to get to have any fun for the next decade or so. How the hell do people maintain the lifestyles they do these days?

* On the way to work today, I passed an accident at the I-75/I-64 split where a semi truck's wheel fell off. FELL OFF. Scare anyone else?

* Said accident meant 45 minutes of traffic. Behind a semi truck. In 1st gear. I understand why people in LA buy automatics.

* I'm finally understanding why people hate Christmas. It's cubic yards of money, time, and effort spent around a holiday that's over in 20 minutes. You eat Plus, it sucks doing the Christmas budget at the same time as you're trying to close the rest of the budget and realize you can't buy people what you want to buy them.

So, this is that "life" thing everyone keeps telling me about. Better than the alternative, I guess :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder