Bleary-eyed, and hopped-up on coffee...

There's something unamerican about being at work at 6am. Whitney and I heard a great sermon yesterday about how to balance work, God, and home, and one suggestion from a guy who worked 45-50 hours/week (like me...) was to go in to work early, so that he could come home at a decent hour. Mondays are traditionally my longest days, so we set our alarm for 5 am and I was in to work by 6:08.

I've answered every email I had, updated our internal department webpage, made coffee, looked at our PE situation, scheduled meetings, and I'm about to fall over. This may take some getting used to.

Anyway, having reached a lull after 2 hours of uninterrupted work, I wanted to blog. Haven't done so in many days, and much has occurred.

Joey and I washed both our cars and waxed the MINI yesterday. He was an exceptionally good helper, and we had lots of fun in the 65-70 degree weather with the hose. Other good news: I got the garage rearranged so that I can fit both cars snugly inside, safe from Halloween mischief.

The nuclear family enjoyed a quiet weekend of me toiling on Honey-Do's. Our friends Jamie and Andy Seibert came over on Friday night for dinner, so the rest of us feasted on leftovers all weekend (not that I'm complaining). I had my weekly wig-out on Saturday night ~9pm, chafing against my new mantle of "Dadness" (I can just see my Mom grinning about that one), and deciding that I needed to do two things:

  1. Clean up the garage (which I did)

  2. Find some fulfilling hobbies



In other news, Whitney needs adult conversation. Like Fox News, I report, you decide.

I kinda like that new Chevy HHR saw one at Lowes while I was buying our super-duper 18 position 13' ladder on Saturday:



effecient, practical, and it's not a PT Cruiser. Based on the Cobalt platform, powered by an Ecotec. I doubt they'll sell very well, so resale should be dismal. Mmm....5 years from now, baby, you're all mine.

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Mope

RegisterForPrintAsyncNotifications

The reality of the next car purchase