The wedding summation

The New Mrs. Combs's summary found here

Basically, it went off without a hitch, or so the bride saw. I got to see the labor unrest with the caterer, my family arriving 2 hours (!) too early and crowding the foyer of the church, my cousin the usher arrive after having spilt coffee all over his white shirt and gotten a new one.

It was a great day, one I will cherish for many reasons:


  • My bride looked at me and said, "I have hives all over my body and I threw up three times this morning," it was so her that I couldn't help but smile.

  • Seeing Whitney freak out at my "Damn, you are so HOT" face

  • getting to kiss her hand in a moment of inspiration

  • Seeing my pal Jeremy again after 4 years.

  • My best man's toast. Joe, you are AWESOME!

  • The toast & roast. I was VERY dubious about that working, but Whitney's rambling, my extemporanous thoughts, Stu's sermon, Dad's anecdotes, Jamie's flippance, and Jeremy's summation were like the Epiloge to the first part of my life and my true introduction to the next act. Honey, thank you SO much for perservering through my rejection of the idea.



All was beautiful, especially my bride.

To all my friends, I ask your prayers for our new marriage and our new family, that God grant us peace, love, and understanding in all things, His protection through our trials, and His guidance for our future. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder