On firing people

Fired my first person today.

Well, I didn't do the firing; my manager did, but she was on my team and I could've made it go either way. If I'd insisted she remain, she'd have still been here, but I didn't. Hence, I fired her.

I feel bad about the finality of it, but it needed to happen. She was unprofessional, and a drag on the morale of other members of the team. Still, the associated sob story is rough: Two small kids, her husband is a lout, and she was a very personable likeable woman.

However, when it comes right down to it, if you're not producing over a long enough time, something must be done.

Yeah, I still feel bad. :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder