My obsessive personality

In pre-marital counseling yesterday, I got to face it: I have an obsessive personality. Whether it's grades, music, photography, work, women, autocross, I GET OBSESSED.

As with most things, the human fallacy is believing everyone is just like yourself. I realize that most folks are not obsessive, but I am. I not only don't get balance, I barely comprehend how most people achieve it.

The closest I can come is imagining most other people have a schedule in their mind of what they're doing at any given moment, and whenever they is over, they drop it (complete or not) and move on the next thing. That would drive me batty, but then, that's the standard workaholic foible: "I'll quit when the work's done" Thing is, the work NEVER gets done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly