The old addage is true...

...no amount of money can make you enjoy a job you don't like.

I've bellyached to everyone that will listen, and they're (apparently) very tired of it. Everybody has problems, and whining about a job that pays you an obscene amount of money to (literally) twiddle your fingers all day doesn't get much traction with most people.

I don't blame them. It is getting kinda sad that no one sympathizes with me in the least...doesn't help the crushing loneliness I feel every night when I go home to my empty house, that's for sure.

Doesn't change the fact that nothing I'm doing these days turns my crank. And I'm currently embroiled in a power struggle in which I'm just a pawn.

I mean, literally, if I worked 10 or 12 hours a day programming, I got some gratification from that. If I work 10 or 12 hours a day as a team lead, I'm doing...what, exactly? Planning schedules for my team? Figuring out whom I should yell at? Writing frickin' EMAIL that no one reads, anyway?

I was reading a programming book the other day and I just stopped because I realized I should stop. That's just not my job anymore, so why waste time LEARNING ANYTHING?

I figure I have two options, give up and say "It's just a job" and do my best at it, or do something about it--demand to go back to development, transfer to another part of the company where I can be a developer, or just find another place to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder