a magnificent weekend

All is well, the sun lowers, and my sprinkler tries to water my scorched lawn as I contemplate a wonderous weekend of rest, re-centering, and accustoming myself to my new house.

Last night, I really felt awesome as I watched a thunderstorm to our east from my back porch, clicking away my Voigtlander on the tripod, trying to catch that elusive lightning shot with the shutter held open on 'Bulb'.

I finally have most everything where it goes, minus the stuff I intend to sell anyway (extra chair, some bric-a-brac, random garage stuff). The living room has taken shape, and feels spacious and homey, if bare on the walls. Whitney was a great help, advising and encouraging,even setting up my books for me in the living room.

Our family day today was a great success, with Stu, Cathy, and Rachel having lunch with Joey, Whitney, and myself. I stuffed myself on sammiches and chips, with a great salad. The afternoon saw the Brentzels depart and our little family off to the park to exercise and enjoy the good weather.

* * *

Random: I really wish it would rain. My lawn's dead, and the hard-scrabble dirt seems to soak up any amount of sprinkler with no results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly