Kings Island.


It sucks to be 36.5" tall. That's what I learned taking Joey and Whitney up to Kings Island on Friday in Sharkey.

Sharkey's our Olds Intrigue. I name my cars...sue me.

Digression...The names of all my cars and those I've been in contact with:

Li'l Green My 1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R. It was Teal, a tint of green, and it saw me through every stupid thing a 16-20 year old can do with a car, including a bad accident with a deer.

The Problem Child 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg edition. I hated that car, and it hated me. I'll never buy German again, and it looks like I got out just at the right time.

Big Red (I) Robin's 1998(?) Taurus SHO. I loved the wheels, but not much else about this contrived ovoid monstrosity from Dearborn by way of Yamaha.

The Pup My MINI. The reason my online handle is miniharryc

Big Red (II) Dad's 2001 Chevy Silverado that I had for 7 months before selling it to buy Thor.

Big Blue Robin's 2003 Honda Accord that she insists upon autocrossing, despite being down 1000 lbs and race tires. Good car, bad tranny + brakes.

Thor My 04 GTO that I'm trying to sell. Sigh...right car, wrong time.

The BombThe embarrasment that was Whitney's 1994 Ford Taurus. Seafoam Green, bad...um...everything. We got $500 for it and I couldn't be more thankful.

Sharkey Named because the Intrigue is a rather sleek, low sedan, like a Mako Shark. Okay...the real reason? We love the Sharkey/Farmers exit on I64 near Morehead.

* * *

Okay, so we're at PKI, and we find out that you can't ride ANYTHING fun unless you're 40 inches tall. Beastie? Nope. Rugrats Rapter? No. Anything outside kiddie land? No. I'm praying for a growth spurt by next year:

Us on the Ghoster Coaster


As for The Italian Job ride, it has all of the foibles of a linear-induction ride (slow dispatch, lots of down time), along with the problems of a massively themed production (can only have 1 car on track at once), AND each train can only carry TWELVE people. I was timing the launches, and it was 60-70 seconds between trains, and that's only 720 people/hour. Ugh. I thought I would wait in line, but I jumped out and rode Beast instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder