Rant: Reasons I hate being a team lead


  1. No control, all the responsibility. Everyone complains to you, and you control absolutely nothing. You can't hire anybody to help out your situation, you can't fire poor performing team members, and you can't make a decision that your manager can't override. And yet, all the downside is yours, because managers make sure to CYA on everything.

  2. All the responsibility, no extra pay. I get paid an obscene amount of money for my age, education level, and experience. But when I got this loser position of team lead, did I get any extra scratch for my trouble? Nope. However, unlike my days as a grunt, I can't take off random days to achieve personal sanity.

  3. The aggrivation.

  4. Crack the whip My product is always at the end of the development cycle for our other products, so minute changes in their development cause panic for us. I can't be in panic mode all the time.



There's a bazillion others, but I'm just crying in my beer here. I can't believe I took this sucker job sometimes. Other days, it's good. >>sigh<<

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder