the weekend that was

Ah, a whole 48+ hrs w/o working. This weekend thing is great!

Friday, I drove to get Whitney from Louisville and we went out to eat at Smokey Bones BBQ. Awful. Contacts clouded over, and I blinked my way in Thor back to G'town.

Saturday, we once again missed a mtg with our (now former) pastor, Dwight, but we did get to spend quality time with two old pals, Jamie and Andy both of whom work at Z103 here in Lexington. I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated; their house is awesome, and they received us with open arms. Then, Whitney and I went to see Revenge of the Sith together. She really enjoyed the movie, and intuited this: There was a Sith Lord who could influence the midichloreans to create life AND to keep someone alive (he was Darth Sidious's master). Perhaps it was HE who influenced them to impregnate Shmi with Anakin, setting the whole prophesy in motion.

I thought this was lightning-bolt information. Whitney just said, "DUR!!!"

We drove back to da Ville and spent 5-10pm with Whitney's friend David and his wife Anne. This was, in essence, "marriage on the cheap 101" which was great. Grilled-out and fed us awesome chicken, corn-on-the-cob, etc., but I kinda hit a wall around 8pm, which I didn't really surmount: I ran out of words.

Today was autocross, which was fun and challenging @ Applebee's field in Lexington. I placed 2nd in my class, but 4th in overall time among all drivers. I was never close to scott's time all day, and felt like he was just toying with me, really, but my times were good nonetheless. Made it from my last run to Georgetown in 25 minutes, literally throwing the tires out of the MINI so I could give it to Whitney for the journey back to louisville.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder

Fun with Assembly