A Weekend Retrospective.

I walked in this morning, roughly on time for my 7:30 video conference with India only to recall...there IS NO video conference with India. Que sera sera...they're having their Diwali Festival, and are out of the office until tomorrow.

Anyway, my weekend:

Friday night, I got the Pup out of the garage after its two week repose for my trip to Louisville to see Whitney and Joey. After driving the truck for so long, it took a few minutes to adjust to the size, power (or lack therof), and nimbleness of my MINI, though I did notice on the trip up there that it had developed a pull to the right.

Someone trashed Whitney's car, so on Saturday morning, I did livery duty, shuttling them to the Pediatrician's office. We had lunch with Whitney's sister, whose made a miraculous recovery, and then dinner at her place--delicious chicken soup.

Sunday was church, lunch, a nap, and a drive home for me. Finally got to talk to Joe, which was awesome. No "Desperate Housewives," thanks to the American Music Awards...meh.

Working through a new book: The Complete Idiots Guide to Organizing Your Life. So far, I'm regretting the purchase, for various reasons:

  • Like all my self help "simplify your life" books, this one is written from a woman's perspective.

  • Like everyone except for Elaine St. James, this author is wordy and repetitive. Ironically, you need to be disorganized and verbose to achieve order and simplicity. Sure.

  • This woman worships at the altar of the day-planner/pda. I've gone from having one, to not using one, to having an awesome one (Tungstn T), to throwing the non-functioning hunk of junk away. I do miss it, though, and I'm considering getting the el-cheapo Palm Zire 21 ($99) to replace it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder