I so don't enjoy coming-in to work these days...same old problems, never fixed, same annoying people I'm forced to deal with. Same team lead who couldn't lead his way out of a bag, but who's emasculated enough by managment just to make sure he can't. Same development processes spread across 10 timezones. Same lousy product with quality that only get worse.

Same office with too much fluorescent light, too much chatter, too many people who ENJOY staying until 10 pm, so that they feel it's necessary to spend three hours a day jawing.

It's a good job, but I'm not doing anything I believe in, I honestly feel management is clueless, and the general worthlessness of it all is killing me. At the base of it, I'm paid an obscene about of money (thank you, Norman Wirzba!) to program a product nobody uses. Well, at least, that nobody LIKES using.

To beat it all, I'm going to have to work very hard 'til at least February just to try to heave the next stinking pile of poo that is my product out the door. Death March? It's probably going to make our last release look like a picnic. The whole team has a general feeling of procrastination, because we don't buy it. We don't buy that it can be done.

Or at least I don't. Makes me sad every Monday (or Tuesday!) when I have to wade into the stinking cesspool again. I believe it will get better, but not for this product: It's free, so the company places little more esteem on it than a party favor you get at a bad New Year's Eve bash.

Looking back on my 'blog, I probably write these little pissy "why me?" columns about once every two months or so. Egad...is that to be the rest of my life? Hating the thing I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder