This is how addicting autocross is:

I would like to modify my MINI. Specifically, I'd like to put a different wheel and tire combination on it (some 15x7 wheels with some WIDE Hoosiers) and a rear swaybar, and maybe some suspension work (a slight lowering)

If I do that, I'd be in FSP, the same class my friend Russell Long is in in his Morris Mini Cooper S, a 1967. It's kindof a ripe class for picking around here. No one who's nationally competitive seems ot be running in that class. I'd probably get beat alot if I went anywhere else, but...on the bright side, I'd be out of HS class for good. One rear swaybar and that's it.

It's insanity folks, really. Don't ever start autocrossing. It's addictive as heck, and more expensive than most other thrill sports, it lasts for like 5 whole minutes per event, and it keeps you out on Sundays. Bad all around...

But I do love it so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder