This is day 3 of me quitting coffee. I have splitting headaches and irritability. The smell of coffee itself is both arousing and sickening to me, because I can't have any.

Why do this to myself? Really, it comes out of my reading of The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs, who publishes Simple Living magazine.



A dense, wordy tome, the book talks about all sorts of way to simplify your life, live better, have lower stress, feel more fulfilled, be more "in the moment". It's about 100 pages worth of advice slopped into 400 pages of dull prose and hippy "case histories" about people who've applied these techniques. There are some gems there, but it's work finding them.

Anyway, several sections on the book talk about purging your system and drinking more water. Since my daily liquid diet is usually coffee and diet sodas, I took this to heart. By coincidence, I got a good night's sleep up at Carrollton on Saturday, and so didn't need coffee to get going for autocross on Sunday. It struck me that this might be a good time to try and break my coffee addiction, so I've continued my cold-turkey. So far I'm on day 3.

I can't say I'm enjoying it, but it does seem like the days have been more even, and my body glad to not be seeping caffiene from every pore. I don't know how long I can take it, but it seems a worthy exercise, if only to show my addiction who's boss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder