The weekender blog:

Spent most all of this weekend up in and around Louisville. Friday night, I went up for dinner with Whitney and Joey, then Saturday we found ourselves in sunny New Haven, KY:



Where we found ourselves at the Kentucky Railway Museum to ride Thomas the Tank Engine on his tour of America.

The start of Saturday was a disaster; Joey hid Whitney's keys inside the laundry and we didn't leave until a few minutes after 11, when we had tickets for the 12:20 train. It takes a little over an hour to get to New Haven via US 31E through Bardstown. On the bright side, we got to take the Pup and the drive was a blast with Whitney and Joey in his car seat in the back.

Gratuitous cute kid pic:


Anyway, we got to the railway museum and it was really fun. We got to ride on the train, with Thomas sitting at the front. It was actually a faux engine, but looked convincing enough. I was rather impressed--very kid-friendly environment, and not too commercial. Other than tickets, we didn't spend a dime there.

The magician guy was incredibly awful. Thirty minutes of my life gone for 3 tricks that BARELY fooled a gaggle of 3 year olds.

As we were so close to Loretto, home of Maker's Mark, we decided to make a side-trip to catch the last tour of the day at 3:30. Fabulous, though Joey wasn't quite up to it. Lacking a nap, he didn't want to do the walking tour. :-)

* * *

Sunday's autocross was really fun, but it kinda stank. Got 2nd again, nearly 3 seconds behind Scott and his Civic. The course had four tight 180-degree turns, three of which were in succession and which led onto a straightaway. I was total dogmeat against that VTEC Civic. More of a Corvette course than anything.

To beat it all, I had the wrong pressures throughout. I mistakenly dropped my fronts to 40 psi, and that had them feeling completely unresponsive on turn-in, and pushing terribly on corner exit.

For my last run, I upped the pressures to 44f/40r, and that felt marvelous; I took 1.5 seconds off my previous best to finish with a 56.3. Too bad Scott had a 54.xxx

But it was fun, and Whitney & Joey came out to watch, which meant a lot to me. They were supportive throughout, even when I was freaking-out because I couldn't find any air for my ailing front tires.

* * *

Ended-up being so wiped after Sunday that I stayed over on Sunday night, driving back to Lexington this morning; oddly, I was 20 minutes EARLY for my 8 am meeting. Work is terifically silly and stupid these days, but que sera sera...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder