On Blogs with comments enabled:

(or "Harry's Blog Comment Manifesto")

Some blogs allow readers to comment on the articles. Mine does not, and will not. I can't say this in a way that doesn't come off as mean: I think they're stupid. (er...'silly', for those households that have banned the use of stupid.)

Why do you 'Blog? I think in essence, it's to get your views on life out there for others to see, and to express yourself, be introspective, practice your writing, and comment on the course of your life and the world in general. (and given that last sentence, it also allows one to be highly redundant...)

One hopes his blog entries are provacative, well-written, and interesting, of course, but at the heart of it, I don't blog because I care what other people think. I blog because I want to say what *I* think, and to Hell with everything else. Some of my friends read this Blog; my whole purpose in starting it was to keep people informed about my life because I'm such a hopeless correspondent, phone-tagger, and lunch-doer. I don't want to become the next Fark (though I love Drew + the gang), or the next Slashdot.

If you want to discuss something I blog about, email me. I love finding new friends with similar (or dissimilar!) interests. If you want to grandstand, flirt, be an ass, or otherwise engage in the group masturbatory exercise that I find most blog comments to be, piss off.

And now back to your regularly scheduled Blogging...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder