Latest Neflix:

Dr. Strangelove (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)

Kubrick's satiric masterpiece, aided by Peter Sellers (a.k.a. Inspector Clouseau), George C Scott, and the unforgettable Slim Pickins, the movie delights and terrifies. Though we face a world fraught with terrorism and uncertainty, this movie is a window into the time of Mutually Assured Destruction, when the only certainty was the concept of global annihilation in 30 minutes or less.

The Bridge over the River Kwai

Okay, so I'm watching this masterpiece thinking "Use the Force, Luke!" Honestly, I've watched this film so many times on TBS, heard that damnable tune they whistle, that the true message of the movie gets lost one me in the wake of "Bridge blows up real good". It's a wonderful movie, carefully done, with great characterization. We really grow along with the characters, and one can say that about few movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder