From Slashdot:


when the economy is good treat your company with the level of loyalty and respect that they showed to you.

This is typical American neurotic thinking (I'm American too, I'm not trying to flame you here).

Loyalty is to other people. Respect is something you show other people. It is nonsense to be "loyal" to a company, or to "respect" a company. This idea is simply American corporate brainwashing.

Companies are incorporeal entities, not deserving of loyalty or respect. Be loyal to yourself and your employer (your employer is a person, not a corporation). Think nothing of this vaporous concept called "the company."

"The company" can go f*ck itself.


:-) Amen. The checks keep clearing, I'm there. Otherwise, fuggetaboutit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder