Said goodbye to an old, dear friend just now.

He's not dead, just excommunicated.

Kinda sad that we humans must be that way sometimes, but as adults we must know our boundries, our circles of influence, of friends, and of love. And certain people must be excluded from them for us to survive.

Know that I miss this guy, world; I have since the day of our falling-out. (Well, really the year of our falling out, as it 'twas a long spiral of mutual loathing...). But I had a friend once, a person who knew all my secrets, possibly too many for one not bound to me by blood or covenant. And such was my personal downfall, the end of our friendship.

Sorry to be dramatic, but I feel like there should be some sort of ceremony here...something somber, something appropriate, but our society lacks any such thing. Had one of us died, there'd be mourning, but that something so wonderful died bears not a metion--that just seems WRONG!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder