According to the SelectSmart.com Belief System Selector, my #1 belief match is CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN/PROTESTANT.
What do you believe?
Visit SelectSmart.com/RELIGION


LOL...some probably won't believe the above, as I'm an old-earth creationist, which is sufficient heresy, I suppose.

my (modified) Creed:

I believe the Earth is millions, or possibly billions, of years old. Do I find that this challenges my Christianity or my faith in God? Not a bit. Even in the fossil record, humans have only come about in the last 10,000 years, which jives with Genesis nicely. Even the most jaded scientist will admit that.

I'm sorry, but attacking the creation story of Genesis is a non-event for me. Go right ahead. It explains little up until the creation of Man, and from my reading it isn't intended to. We might just as well deny the existence of Aborigines in Australia because the Bible doesn't mention them.

The main thing is, I'm not one of these Christians trying to explain every miracle, event, and passage in the Bible through science. I believe no matter how strong an effort you make in that endeavor, you're still going to have to make a faith-based choice to believe or not believe. No, all I'm trying to do is reconcile that God's creation is so much more than what's in Genesis. It's DNA and Dinosaurs, Plate Techtonics and planetessimals in the Kuiper Belt, and I want to integrate that in my appreciation of God the Father, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen.

The peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, and may His blessings follow you this day, and all the days of your life. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder