Life is what happens during the pauses:


  • The pause when a suckling babe looks at his mother and smiles

  • The split second your realize, yes, your dad's let go of the bike and you're riding on your own

  • After making love when you gaze at your beloved

  • The time when the sun's setting and you gaze at your land, and your home

  • That second after an exceptional performance, right before the audience explodes in applause

  • The moment on the autocross course when you've just had an awesome run, and you haven't even looked at the clock yet and you just go "YEEEEHA!"



The main idea here is "pause". Take a moment to reflect, and it staunches that feeling of "life is passing me by". I've done much more of that in the past month, and I've seen tremendous dividends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder