Looks like the Jeep Liberty is going to have a diesel engine + manual transmission available next year:


The diesel Jeep Liberty will be powered by a 2.8-liter common rail turbo-diesel engine produced by DaimlerChrysler. It will be available with a manual or automatic transmission, as well as two- or four-wheel drive. It is expected that the diesel-powered Liberty will have up to a 30 percent improvement in fuel economy, versus a comparable gasoline-powered Liberty.


I have to hand it to Daimler-Chrysler, this is a smart move: It'll up their CAFE, and should prove to be a popular model. The Liberty is already a good truck, and this engine should make it better. Imagine, an SUV that gets 30mpg.

pic:


(BTW, why can't *I* take pics like that....light, good composition...out of practice, I guess....)

It's odd: I have no inclination to buy an SUV, but if I did, the Liberty would be at the top of my list.

* * *

Well, just got my bank statement for the end of March, and I realized: The year is 1/4 over, already. It's trite to say, but it's flown by...between work, work, and...er...work, I haven't really experienced much of it. Life seems to have settled into a nice rhythm now, what with the time change. I'm seeing more light at the end of each day, and that seems to be improving my mood.

On the bright side, I've got lots of plans for the rest of this year: A trip out to the Rockies in September, a jaunt to Florida in June, an appearance at the US Grand Prix in June, as well, and autocrosses in between. I plan to stay busy, though we'll see how my bank account likes it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Southeast Christian Church Easter Pageant

Driving for the Cure...? (Or, how I got blacklisted...)

No, I don't have Connective Tissue Disorder